Here is what participants have to say about the RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga Training for Healthcare Providers:
Thanks to the RxRelax training, I am able to offer alternative options in addition to, or in place of, traditional treatments to my students and faculty. This training was a life changing experience for myself as well. NH is on the front lines of a heroin crisis. It is unraveling our state’s social fabric and families are suffering from personal tragedies every day. We live in a society where many of our students suffer from anxiety and depression. This RxRelax training provides new techniques for us to share with our students so they may learn to recognize their own stressors and how to relieve their own worries. I teach them how to quiet their minds so that healing may come from within themselves. I can still hear Jay saying that “meditation is medication. It is free. There are no co-pays.” – Barbara Kelly, 2017 NH School Nurse of the Year, School Nurse, Newfound Regional High School
RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga training has been transformative. This course provides insight into what yoga is and how it can help so many. It provided a very well rounded foundation which will allow us to teach others so they can also benefit from this amazing therapeutic yoga. – Nancy Husarik, MD, Elliot Pediatrics and Primary Care
After 41 years, I realized I needed something special for myself to improve my physical, mental and emotional well-being. I jumped into taking this course, the “Therapeutic Yoga for Healthcare Providers” and I am so glad that did. It’s been amazing! It is much more than what I expected. I had this chronic inflammation in both my knees from bilateral knee replacement (one and a half years ago) and also increased inflammation in my right leg which made me limp and wear a long boot. After one weekend…my leg pain completely went away and my knees felt so relieved and less stiff. The benefits that I am experiencing are indescribable. It’s unbelievable! I have done courses before; but this is unlike anything else I’ve experienced. I am so so happy that I did this. I would recommend this for anyone. It improved my physical, mental and emotional well-being, which I needed after being a caregiver for so many years, for so many people… and finally this has helped me take care of myself in all aspects which is unbelievable. I can’t wait to finish this course and be able to teach and help others. Thank you! – Pushpa Mudan, MD
Excellent program! I highly recommend this program for any healthcare professional who has an interest in improving their physical, mental and emotional health. Being a healthcare professional is demanding and yoga is a powerful self-care tool. Having such a tool will allow you to provide care to your patients and members of your professional team. I took the first course for myself and saw so many benefits that I decided that my mom needs to enroll. I am happy to see that she enjoyed its benefits. Jay and Terry are extrememely knowledeable, very professional, ethical, well-balances, objective and follow best practices. We are fortunate to have them in our community as we receive a world-class education. Thank you! – Polina Sayess, MD, Frisbie Memorial Hospital
I highly recommend this yoga program to any health care practitioners interested in learning how to better care for themselves and their patients from the heart. The curriculum is thorough, professional and very well organized. Terry and Jay are exceptional people with hearts of gold. – Judith Abbe, APRN
I enjoyed the course and benefited on personal levels, which I’ve also started to apply into my professional role. I am hoping to expand this experience into the community. Thank you! – Joline Manseau, APRN
This is a wonderful opportunity to care for the caregiver in you and to take others along on the journey. You can BE what you wish to create through the care of others. – Jeanne Hayes, EdD, MS, RN , CNE, Winner of NH Nurses Association’s Professional Advancement Award.
I have taken many yoga classes and trainings over the years however my most recent experience with Jay and Terry Gupta and their RxRelax yoga training has been life-changing. Both Jay and Terry are gifted teachers and each brings a unique perspective to every class. The weekends were packed full of content and yet I was fully engaged at all times. For the first time I understood that yoga is much more than ‘postures’. It is a lifestyle, a way of experiencing the world that brings much joy and peace and an ability to truly be present in every moment, even the difficult ones. I learned simple ways to bring yoga into my daily life and hope to share it with others in meaningful ways in the future. Thank you so much Terry and Jay! – Norine Elliott, APRN, Holistic Nurse
This training is the most realistic and honest training I have ever participated in. Not only is it practical and much needed, it is filled with love and compassion. I believe this practice can truly change the world one person at a time. It goes beyond helping in the moment to helping others recognize their own potential and the importance of taking care of themselves. – Jane Wilkins, M.Ed., BA, LPN, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga Training for Healthcare professionals was just just what I needed at this point in my life/career to reflect, re-energize, re-set and refocus my practices. It is an excellent program for health professionals and I hope to pass on what I’ve learned to family, friends and the community around me. – Sonia George, RPh, MBA, CVS Caremark
Terry and Jay’s course is not only helpful in my professional career; but has helped me learn and understand how essential these practices are in our daily lives. They are both directly involved and stay beside you in your personal journey and growth. Thank you! – Nancy Gilbert, APRN, MSN, Partner & COO, Healthy Perspectives
This course is truly life-changing. For yourself as well as the community you will share it with. The inspiration, insight and excitement I gained is something I will forever be grateful I got the opportunity to experience! Thank you! – Brooke Duarte, Research Coordinator, Healthy Perspectives
RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga Training for Healthcare Professionals is truly an informative enrichment program to add to one’s ‘tool box’, both professionally and personally. Very highly recommended. ***** 5-stars! – Deborah, MSOT, MBA, SIPT
RxRelax is an evidence-based training in therapeutic seated yoga. The skills and ideas are sure to benefit any individual looking for a wholistic approach to health and subtle yoga, whether for their own use, and/or to help others increase overall health. – Amber Fox McNeil, RN, BSN, School Nurse, Hollis Upper Elementary School
RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga Training is an amazing journey through the mind and body connection leading to better health. I was practicing with my friend. She was very interested in the practice since she had not been able to exercise in years. After about a month of practice, she said ‘when you go back to class please share that I can now bend down and pick something up off the floor without feeling like my inners would fall out!’ – Patricia MacNeil, RN, School Nurse, Centerwoods Elementary School
RxRelax Therapeutic Yoga provides instruction for health care professionals that can be used in both a professional and personal manner to improve daily life through stress reduction, mindfulness, improved breathing, meditation, and bring balance to our lives and the lives of others. Current research supports the benefits of yoga in reducing the impact of many conditions. This course will have the individual benefit and to pass that on to others in the community. – Pat Savo, RN, BSN, MBA, ACLS, BLS, St. Joseph Hospital
This 100-hour class has given me so many essential self care modalities for living a healthy, vital and more spiritual life. – Kathy Knight, MS in Nursing Administration, Medical Surgical Nurse Educator, Lowell General Hospital
RxRelax is a life changer! The depth of knowledge combined with clearly defined practice promotes a lasting lifestyle change for health. Thank you Jay & Terry. – Susan Patz, MSN, Holistic Nurse, School Nurse, Hollis Brookline High School
Coming into the RxRelax training program, I had very little idea of what to expect. Following the first weekend together, I was beyond impressed and I never imagined how much just one weekend would change my life. In the weeks that followed, I did a lot of thinking and I began to implement my own practice daily. I feel this is a journey that cannot be explained by words, but needs to be traveled on. I know that with each passing module, my personal growth and discovery increased immensely. This program has truly changed my life. But not only my life, but all those around me. – Amber Murphy, CPT, Greater Nashua Mental Health Center
For me, this has been a life-changing experience. I decided to take the course because I wanted to learn yoga and I knew it was supposed to decrease stress. At the time, I was caring for my 92 year old father who was on Hospice. It did teach me how to decrease stress; but in addition, I learned so much more about myself as a person. Years of therapy wouldn’t have had any better results. I felt wrapped in love, understanding and acceptance in every class… that in itself was a powerful healing for me and I feel fortunate to have had this experience. – Diane Richmond, MSN, Child and Family Services
This program was great. I am a nurse and yoga instructor and this program will help me to combine my two professions, and bring yoga to a broader spectrum of people. Thank you. – Patty Ziemba, RN, BSN, Catholic Medical Center
This course gave me the opportunity not only to change my point of view on myself; but encouraged me to share this with others (first of all to my husband). Thank you! – Iryna Gardner, Investigational Pharmacy Technician, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
RxRelax Seated Therapeutic Yoga has given me new tools with which I can begin my journey to better health. I have already seen the benefits of using the neti pot. I also have learned useful techniques to help with hot flashes and pain management. – Natasha Itchkavich, Activity Director, Sugar Hill Retirement Community
I would endorse this course for anyone who wants to make a difference in our world or within their own personal use. It has been extremely uplifting. Terry and Jay are true professionals and very compassionate people. – Wanda Reilly, COC, Catholic Medical Center
On-going participant reflections:
- I feel an overall increase of energy level throughout the day.
- I can sleep better and breathe more easily through my nose. I am more aware of self-regulation techniques to manage anxiety.
- My back is feeling great!
- I learned that my body is my friend, not my enemy.
- I am now able to stop reacting. I notice when certain tendencies rise up.
- I have been able to help three people in my life who were experiencing anxiety by teaching them one of the techniques.
- Enjoyed another new experience and left with a feeling of happiness and eagerness to continue learning.
- Thank you so much! What an amazing day it was. I’m really enjoying practicing the yoga and mindfulness you shared with us.
- I am able to relax and sleep and feel calm. The course is very valuable — content necessary and essentially missing in today’s healthcare.
- Awoke relaxed and focused. Happy.
- I am able to breathe through both sides of my nose! Felt energized and focused after.
- I am surprised how much my body needed cleansing.
- I have a truer definition and understanding of “yoga”. I see benefits of the practice in myself and others in the classes. It fits in and makes sense with much of my other learnings.
- I used one of the RxRelax techniques while driving through traffic. It kept me calm and happy.
- I feel ready to take on the day!
- Noticing that I am more relaxed and that my breath really slows down. It seems a positive way to start my day.
- This course has been of tremendous value… life changing for me. Your experience takes it beyond book knowledge.
- It has been a transformative experience at a time in my career when I was wondering what direction to journey towards. This has been inspirational!
- Attending YogaCaps’ community classes is extremely beneficial to show classroom practices in real situations. Each community class offers new ideas/methods.
- This has been a life changing experience. It has enhanced my relationships and my ability to set boundaries and take time for myself.
- I would recommend this not just as a certification but to anyone looking to improve their overall health/well-being.
- The course is a wonderful value. It flows so well with wellness promotion. I am looking forward to developing a program for teens and then staff.
- These classes have allowed me to challenge my thought processes.
- I recommend this to all my colleagues.
- It was good to observe and learn from each other in a nurturing setting — thank you!
- Taking your course has finally brought me back to a regular practice of yoga and it has made such a difference in my peace of mind. Forever thankful.
- It is definitely spreading more calmness into my days.
- I love how alert and present I feel after this last week and a half. I have been told by many of my close friends that I am glowing more than normal.
- On a personal level, I feel I have grown immensely in my awareness. These tools have launched me on a very exciting journey that I hope to share with others in the future. I absolutely recommend it.
- I am prepared to go forward and teach!
- My journey of ‘just noticing” has begun…
- My whole body felt in tune with the universe.